Saturday, May 28, 2005

Daniel Webster's Magnificent Statement

During all the years I have studied and taught communication, I have come across some marvelous and memorable statements about the impact of communication on a person's life. Cicero, Quintilian, Aristotle, Socrates, Plato and other geniuses contributed their wisdom to this topic.

Yet no one, in my view, has surpassed the words of Daniel Webster, one of America's outstanding statesmen and orators:

If I were to lose all my possessions except one, I would save the power of communication, for by it I would soon regain all of the rest.

For more information, please visit my Web site:

www.ChampionshipCommunication.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill Lampton, Ph.D. said...

Now that really is great advice! I remember Tom Lehrer quite well, with his witty parodies. I wasn't familiar with this quote, so thanks for passing it along.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home